Pokhara is the perfect place to start a trek into the Annapurna Region – a popular and beautiful area of the Himalayas, ideal place for trekking for people of all ages and abilities.
The Adhikari family at Amrit Treks andExpedition are experienced in trekking, and offer a full range of professional services in helping you organise and enjoy your trek. Whether you want a camping trek, tea house trek, pony trek, package trek, Annapurna Eco-Village, Astam day walks or organised group trek, the Adhikari family can help you.
The Adhikari family will assist you with finding a group, or setting out to do it on your own – permits, TIMS, guides, porters, hiring of equipment, suggestions on treks.If you are looking for a trekking guide, three of the Adhikari brothers, Bishwo,Bednidhi and Purna hold guide licences from the Government of Nepal. The family also know of six other reliable guides, all of whom hold licences and are from the same village as the Adhikari family. Most importantly, all guides and porters are provided with adequate warm clothing and footwear.
Having spent the previous 20 years in the trekking and tourism industry, the Adhikari family understand travellers’ need for a safe, respectable, knowledgeable and fun guide, particularly if you are a single female wanting to go trekking (see trekker’s quote).The brothers have extensive knowledge of the Annapurna region, and want you to enjoy your trek, letting you lead the speed of your trek, while teaching you about the geography and the local Himalayan culture, and ensuring your safety. One of the brothers has been a licenced guide since 1998 and has probably spent more time walking in the Himalayas than sleeping! He’ll have you singing Himalayan songs in no time as you climb the mountains, and be there with you to enjoy a warm cup of Nepali tea and dahl bhat at the end of the day!
Some treks to consider:
- Jomsom Trek: 7 days, highest point is 3800 metres above sea level, a trek focusing on village life
- Annapurna Sanctuary Trek: 10 to 14 day trek to Annapurna Base Camp in the hear of the mountains, highest point is 4095mtrs
- Annapurna Circuit: a trek of up to three weeks, crossing the mountains to the Tibetan plateau with the highest pass at Thorung La being 5416 mtrs
- Mardihimal Trek: 5 – 8 day trek to reach highest point in a short time. From the upper viewpoint, the Annapurna Base Camp can be viewed
- Other shorter treks and home stayscan also be arranged
- Ask about our Annapurna Eco-Village, Astam accommodation and day walk options
The best time for trekking in the region is from September to November, or from February to April, although other times are also possible, weather permitting.